<$BlogRSDURL$>
Sunday, April 25, 2004

"I understand life isn't fair, but why couldn't it just once  

So this last weekend we took a little bike trip. This was
a little longer than the Milwaukee run, but we were smart
enough to make a couple stops along the way, so no stiff
backs and necks. The one thing I wasn't smart enough to do
was bring a long-sleeved shirt. And the sun was brutal...
just brutal. Even with sunscreen on I was still baking.

After a couple hours on the expressway we decided to take
a few highways to see where it would lead us and in short
order we found ourselves passing by Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
The country is just beautiful up there. A few rolling hills,
plenty of farm and pasture land and it just seemed like lakes
everywhere. Plus, the U.S. Highways do not carry a lot of
heavy traffic out there, so mostly it was just opening up
the throttle and enjoying the ride.

But like I said, my lack of proper attire really made me
want to stop, even though we had barely been riding for half
a day. So we pulled in to Lake Geneva to kick around the
town and soak up some of the local culture. We actually had
a very pleasant stay. Plenty of nice people and some fun
things to do.

I give you some of the highlights tomorrow. But right now
there are some mean looking clouds in the sky and I have a
feeling I am going to get soaked! So I'm going to go race
the weather and you can enjoy a few laughs!

***

"I understand life isn't fair, but why couldn't it just once
be unfair in my favor?" ---Christy Murphy

***

"My girlfriend is not a ball and chain--she's more of a
spring-loaded trap." --Kevin Hench

***
|||||||||||||

One evening after work, a man drove his secretary home after
she had a little too much to drink at a party. Although
nothing happened, he decided not to mention it to his wife.
Later that night, the man and his wife were driving to a
movie when he spotted a high-heeled shoe hidden under the
passenger seat. Pointing to something out the passenger
window to distract his wife, he picked up the shoe and
tossed it out of his window.

They arrived at the theater a short time later and were
about to get out of the car when his wife asked, "Honey,
have you seen my other shoe?"

||||||||

Jill's car was unreliable and she called John for a ride
every time it broke down. One day John got yet another one
of those calls.

"What happened this time?" he asked.

"My brakes went out," Jill said. "Can you come to get me?"

"Where are you?" John asked.

"I'm in the drugstore," Jill responded.

"And where's the car?" John asked.

Jill replied, "It's in here with me."


*------------- ---------------*

A realty salesman had just closed his first deal, only to
discover that the piece of land he had sold was completely
under water.

"That customer's going to come back here pretty mad," he
said to his boss. "Should I give him his money back?"

"Money back? Are you crazy?" roared the boss. "What kind of
salesman are you? Get out there and sell him a houseboat!"

funny story clean funny joke clean funny joke funny headlines funny story funny story clean jokes funny headlines funny story clean jokes funny headlines funny story clean jokes


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?